The Latin America Working Group would especially like to thank:
- Rep. Jim McGovern (D-MA) for his tremendous leadership on Colombia and Cuba issues;
- Rep. Gene Taylor (D-CA), and Sam Farr (D-CA) for leading the efforts to oppose the doubling of US troops in Colombia;
- Rep. Hilda Solis (D-CA) for her continued support for the women of Juarez, Mexico;
- Reps. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) and Bill Delahunt (D-MA) for their leadership of the Cuba Working Group and continued commitment–under very difficult circumstances–to ending the travel ban;
- Rep. Barbara Lee for her persistent call to reverse restrictions on academic travel;
- Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY) for his measure to end the full embargo, our ultimate goal.
Reps. DeLauro (D-CT), Farr (D-CA), Filner, (D-CA), Grijalva (D-AZ), Lantos (D-CA), McDermott (D-WA), Schakowsky (D-IL), Serrano (D-NY), and Solis (D-CA).
Reps. Berman (D-CA), Conyers (D-MI), Cummings (D-MD), Defazio (D-OR), Delahunt (D-MA), DeLauro (D-CT), Lane Evans (D-IL), Gonzalez (D-TX), Honda (D-CA), Kaptur (D-OH), Kilpatrick (D-MI), Kucinich (D-OH), Langevin (D-RI), Leach (R-IA), Lee (D-CA), Lipinski (D-IL), McCarthy (D-MO), McCollum (D-MN), McGovern (D-MA), Oberstar, (D-MN), Payne, (D-NJ), Pelosi (D-CA), Price (D-NC), Rahall (D-WV), Rush (D-IL), Sabo (D-MN), Linda Sanchez (D-CA), Loretta Sanchez (D-CA), Sanders (I-VT), Shays (R-CT), Stark (D-CA), Towns (D-NY), Waxman (D-CA), and Woolsey (D-CA).