The Latin America Working Group would especially like to thank:
- Senator Patrick Leahy for his leadership on human rights worldwide, especially for his efforts on Colombia.
- Senators Edward Kennedy (D-MA) for his work to reform our broken immigration system and Senator Bingaman (D-NM) for his efforts to ensure that justice be brought to the unresolved cases of femicide in Cuidad Juárez, Mexico.
- Senator Michael Enzi (R-WY) for his consistent work to open up travel for all Americans to Cuba and for co-hosting, with Senator Kennedy (D-MA), a briefing on the LAWGEF's recent report, Retreat from Reason, on the state of academic exchange with Cuba.
- Senators Bingaman (D-NM), Durbin (D-IL), Jeffords (I-VT).
- Senators Akaka (D-HI), Cantwell (D-WA), Chafee (R-RI), Menendez (D-NJ), Dodd (D-CT), Feingold (D-WI), Inouye (D-HI), Kennedy (D-MA), Lautenberg (D-NJ), Leahy (D-VT), Lieberman (D-CT), Murray (D-WA), Obama (D-IL), Reed (D-RI), Sarbanes (D-MD).