Author: Antonio Saadipour Sellés
In March, we asked you to sign our petition urging the Biden-Harris Administration to restore bilateral relations with Cuba. We are grateful to you for taking action to relieve the suffering of the Cuban people. While it is encouraging to see so many Americans support engagement between our two nations, our work is not yet done. We want to get more signatures on our petition before delivering to the White House. That’s where you come in.
Social Media Actions
We’ve created a series of sample posts for Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Scroll through them and see which you would like to share to promote our Cuba petition. There are images attached at the bottom for you to download and post on your social media platforms along with the captions we’ve included below. Let’s do this!
- The Biden-Harris Administration has the authority to reverse decades of harmful and inhumane policy towards #Cuba🇨🇺 with just the stroke of a pen. Sign @LAWGaction’s petition to show them we won’t settle for less! Sign ⬇️
- The Trump-Pence Admin undid all of the progress made by the Obama-Biden Admin and doubled down on failed policies towards #Cuba. We can’t progress towards a brighter future while repeating the mistakes of the past. Sign @LAWGaction’s petition now!👇
- A new administration means a new opportunity to get it right. The Biden-Harris Administration must show the Cuban people that we are ready to forge a new chapter in U.S.-Cuba relations! Sign @LAWGaction’s petition to put our country on that path! ✍️
- For the past four years, we saw the Trump-Pence Administration undo all of the progress made by the Obama-Biden Administration and double down on failed policies towards Cuba. Travel restrictions, harsher sanctions, and caps on remittances have burdened Cuban families and chipped away at the prospect of normalizing U.S. relations with our island neighbor. We are urging the Biden-Harris Administration to pave a new path forward: one of mutual understanding and engagement. Sign the petition below to ensure they receive the message, loud and clear!
- It is well past time to end the suffering of the Cuban people. After a year of the pandemic on top of the brutal, decades-long embargo, the U.S. must reflect on its inhumane policies toward our island neighbor. Our message to the White House is simple: a majority of Americans support engagement between our two nations! Sign the petition below to make sure you are one of them too!
- Travel restrictions. Harsher sanctions. Caps on remittances. These are just some of the policies that have burdened Cuban families and chipped away at the prospect of normalizing U.S. relations with our island neighbor. Time is of the essence as Cubans struggle to stay afloat in the middle of an economic and humanitarian crisis, the effects of which have been felt more strongly under the pandemic. We demand action NOW to restore bilateral relations with Cuba. The power is in OUR hands ✊ Be loud. Be bold. Sign the petition❗️
- After witnessing four years of heightened cruelty towards Cuba, we have finally been granted an opportunity to right the wrongs of the past 60 years, and we can’t let it go to waste. Cubans and Americans deserve to travel freely between our two countries. Cubans in the U.S. have a right to send money to their families back on the island. And most importantly, the people of Cuba shouldn’t be left to suffer through a decades-long embargo, especially as it struggles to recover from the pandemic. The people united can NEVER be defeated. And we stand with the people of Cuba 🇨🇺 Make your voice heard and sign the petition!
Click on the images below to download them from your device. Then, post them along with the captions provided above.
As always, thank you for taking action! A new day is on the horizon. Let’s charge towards it. It’s what most Americans want and what all Cubans deserve.